Working Papers and Work in progress
- “Household Saving, Financial Constraints, and the Current Account in China”. (with Ayse İmrohoroğlu) submitted
- “Employment-based Health Insurance and Aggregate Labor Supply”. (with Zhigang Feng) revise and resubmit
- “Houses Divided: A Model of Intergenerational Transfers, Differential Fertility and Wealth Inequality”. (with Aaron Cooke and Hyun Lee) submitted
- "Population Control, Public Education, and the Quality-Quantity Tradeoff of Children" (with Tianxu Chen, Xiangbo Liu, and Wei Sun) coming soon!
- "The Evolution of Health over the Life Cycle" (with Roozbeh Hosseini and Karen Kopecky) coming soon!
- "How Important Is Health Inequality for Lifetime Earnings Inequality?" (with Roozbeh Hosseini and Karen Kopecky) in progress
- “The Chinese Saving Rate: Long-Term Care Risks, Family Insurance, and Demographics” (with Ayse İmrohoroğlu), Journal of Monetary Economics, forthcoming. Discussion in VoxChina
- "Social Insurance, Private Health Insurance and Individual Welfare", Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Volume 78, May 2017. WP Version
- "Intergenerational Transfers and China’s Social Security Reform" (with Ayse İmrohoroğlu), Journal of the Economics of Ageing, forthcoming. WP Version
- "Health Spending and Public Pension: Evidence from Panel Data" (with Yonghong An and Rong Zhou), Applied Economics, Volume 48, Issue 11, 2016. WP Version
- "The Impact of the Correlation between Health Expenditure and Survival Probability on the Demand for Insurance", European Economic Review, Volume 75, April 2015. WP Version Discussion in NEP-DGE Blog
- "Social Security and the Rise in Health Spending", Journal of Monetary Economics, Volume 64, May 2014. WP Version Discussions in Economic Logic and LSE's USAPP Blog
- "War Finance and the Baby Boom", Review of Economic Dynamics, Volume 17(3), July 2014. WP Version Computer Codes
- "Home Production and the Welfare Cost of Labor Supply Tax Distortions" (with John Whalley), Applied Economic Letters, Volume 20, Issue 1, 2013.
- "Social Security, Differential Fertility, and the Dynamics of the Earnings Distribution", The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics (Contributions), 2011, 11(1), Article 26. WP Version